How can a child go to school and study without sufficient nutritious food?
Hunger can drive our children away from schools.
- Food is a basic life need; Food nurtures a student’s future and be part of his success by providing a daily healthy meal that nourishes his mind and prepares it for the future.
- Therefore, EFB established the school feeding program in 2011 and built kitchens in schools to facilitate the process of preparing and serving meals.
- Due to low economic conditions, students suffer from malnutrition which cause a lot of problems for example Anemia and stunting and also the unstable psychological state of students due to lack of food.
- School feeding program will keep providing primary students with healthy meals in unprivileged areas, and your role is to donate with School Feeding Meal for 15 EGP / Day.
The EFB launched the school feeding program in 2010, establishing school feeding kitchens in the poorest primary governmental schools in order to provide a daily hot nutritious meal to students throughout their school year. The School Feeding Program aims to provide nutritious meals to enhance the students' health and encourage them to attend school and increase their ability to concentrate and comprehend in class.
School Feeding Kitchen is additionally an opportunity for the students’ mothers to develop their skills and obtain a job. The EFB provides cooking and nutrition sessions for the students’ mothers (theoretical & practical) and then chooses the best 5 cooks and hire them for monthly salaries as kitchen chefs in a school, and another two as a kitchen general supervisor and a purchasing supervisor over 20 different schools. (For more information about the school feeding kitchen: http://www.egyptianfoodbank.com/en/school-feeding-kitchen
The achievements of the program since establishment of the program in 2011 until now
13,125,704 meals were provided to 33,522 students in 44 schools in 10 governorates (Cairo - Giza - Dakahlia - Alexandria - Fayoum - Beni Suef - Minya - Assiut - Sohag - Red Sea)
• The Food Bank, through the school feeding program, succeeded in increasing the attendance rate of the pupils and contributed to their psychological balance, as attested by the parents ’testimony.
- 1 kofta sandwich +1 white cheese sandwich+ 1 cucumber + 1 fruit
- 1 chicken pane sandwich +1 white cheese sandwich+ 1 cucumber + 1 fruit
Our Main Objectives:
- Enhance the students' health by providing nutritious meals on a daily basis.
- Educating the students and parents about the importance of the healthy nutritious meals.
- Motivating students to attend their classes by providing them with a daily hot meal that includes all the necessary nutrition elements to increase their concentration in class, decrease school dropout rates and absences.
How to Donate:
- EFB Premises: “Block 44 - The Third District, Gamal Abdel Nasser Axis - 3rd Settlement” or Bait Al-Hamd association: 4 Nafoura Square – Mokattam
- Unified Bank Account 888777
- EFB Permanent Stores: City Stars - Cairo Festival City Mall - Heliopolis Sporting Club - Dandy Mall - Hyper One - Gezira Sporting Club - City Square Al Rehab - Mall of Arabia – Tanta Mall.
- Home Collection: Call 16060
- Send SMS to 9595 (5 EGP per message)
- Through E-paymen: Fawry – Masary - Aman - Bee
- Through: Vodafone Cash – Orange Cash services
- To donate from outside Egypt: Donate through EFB website www.egyptianfoodbank.com or through bank transfers using the transfer codes of each bank.
Donation can be made through Visa or Master Card for any of the different Egyptian banks, and it is not required to be one of these three banks.